Tuesday, January 19, 2010

An Unexpected Party

Right then, to work. The aim is to concoct two delicately waspish musings a week, this being the first official one.

These will be short most like, unless inspiration strikes and the words tumble out of me like so many dwarves from a hobbit hole.

I suppose this will be a mix of the random and the research focused, or more specifically how far I am from possibly meeting a milestone in the next century.

I've acquired the necessary goodies (folders, pens(!), accoutrements; trappings (or accoutrements if you will) of organized academic pursuits. It is my hope that being more organized and having more stuff will create a sort of cocoon conducive to good work practices. I could be fooling myself and probably am, but if I can trick myself for long enough that solid work practice within the cocoon becomes habit, I might just have a chance. No doubt I'll sprinkle the odd dribble of arty business as that gathers momentum.

Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl;
Pound them up with a thumping pole;
And when you've finished, if any are whole,
Send them down the hall to roll!


I won't be doing that, just research and some drawing.

P.S. This is an utter travesty, a joke, a heaped, rotting pile of fuckoff conservatism forced upon people who really ought to know better than to elect such morons. Sigh. To work.

No comments:

Post a Comment