Friday, July 23, 2010

Thoughts for today

Today, then. Seems like the way to go is to conduct a single case study that is embedded as opposed to holistic. This case study will allow me to analyze the nature and practical going on of a functioning relationship between a developer and a uni/college. This will consist of interviews at the top level, surveys at the employee and student level and hopefully access to documents from the educators about student completion, internship placements and so on. I'm not sure if there will be any place for observation; perhaps in aid of the educational part I might be privy to observing meetings between the two groups, though this seems unlikely. I still need to consider whether this single case study of the relationship between the two groups is appropriate or whether a multiple case study of companies and educators separately is a better option. That will become apparent following some deeper thought on exactly how to answer the 'how' question (I think sub questions may be in order or at least a refinement of the 'how' question).

I will still conduct surveys of students and devs (and possibly educators) beyond the case study/s, but I need to find a way to link those quantitative results to the case study/s so one supports the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment